Top 1000 Annoyances
- Paul de Leeuw
- Jesse Klaver
- Harry van Bommel
- the good guy in ConAir
Plz, help me compile this top1000. The idea:
- make a list of things that annoy us
- on a daily, weekly basis
- categorized by type of activity
Email your contribution to: firstname.lastname@example.org
For a start
1/1000: Work - text processing
- Microsoft Word (all releases, all platforms)
2/1000: Recreation - social networking (fb, tw, whatever)
- The boundless bullshit you tap into and worse the necessary conclusion: stupidity rules.
3/1000: Engaging - politics
- The recurring, unacceptable and suppressed revelation that democrazy is about stupid suckers electing stupid fuckers. How can you live with that? Let alone live as a responsible citizen?
Blogs about annoyances are also annoying.
A new approach: from the middle out.
Annoyance 343/1000: Getting confused by the 1001 ways to store text in bits and bytes
Being confused by character sets, encodings, unicode, windows-1252, iso-8859-?, utf8. Unexpected behavior of your code. Solving it with trial, error and hopefully a workaround. Annoying. Bottom line is: These day you must grasp these things and have the skills to apply your understanding in code. When you don't, get used to: ����� ����������� ��������� ������ ����� ���� To be honest, I didn't. So funny text (best case) shows up or exceptions crash the app (bad case). All very ANNOYING!. And very frustrating when you want to write web-apps that (1) deal correctly with all languages and locales and (2) run correctly on multiple platforms using different default char sets.Happily i ran into this excellent post by Joel Spolsky:
International money transfers? Worldremit beats your bank!
Domains, Hosting? Go Versio!
2017-01-14 23:10:00: kred says
Dat gezeur. It's http://Nicetolive.com
|[Login to add a comment]|